THE PARADIGM OF MY TEACHERS WAS THIS.
This is my class. This is not a Democracy. You do not vote. I am in charge. I tell you what to do and you do it or you fail. I got mine now you must get yours. No one gave me anything don't expect me, or anyone to give you anything.
Let me suggest this NEW paradigm.
THE STUDENT IS MY CUSTOMER.
MY PRODUCT IS THE TEACHING/LEARNING PROCESS
I WANT NOT TO SATISFY MY CUSTOMER ...BUT TO DELIGHT MY CUSTOMER.
Well. how do you do that, you might ask?
SIMPLY FOLLOW THESE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF A GREAT TEACHER:
1. NEVER EMBARASS
2. ACCOMODATE THE DIFFERENT LEARNING STYLES
3. IDENTIFY AND PERSONIFY THE ENEMY (THE ENEMY IS IGNORANCE NOT THE TEACHER)
4. NARROW THE "US versus THEM GAP"
5. UTILIZE THE SELF FULFILLING PROPHECY
6. UTILIZE MASLOW'S HEIRARCHY OF HUMAN NEEDS
7. BE A PERIPATETIC INSTRUCTOR
8. UTILIZE TECHNOLOGY..BECOME A HUMAN PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGIST